On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at The Conley, the premier apartments in Leander TX, encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.
Your favorite Leander apartments has a new recipe for you this week, too! Do you love spinach and artichoke? If you’re a fan of the famous combo, then you most likely find yourself reaching for any and all variations of the stuff, from dips to stuffed breads, and now, this Spinach Artichoke Soup. Made with frozen spinach, artichoke hearts, and plenty of cream and cheese, this soup is as rich as it is hearty. Serve it on its own or with French bread – and you’ll thank us later, either way.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 9-ounce pkg. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, depending on how creamy you want the soup
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, plus additional 1/2 cup for garnish
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in frozen spinach. Stir often and break apart using a wooden spoon. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until spinach is warmed throughout. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in flour, stirring well to avoid any lumps.
- Pour in chicken broth and artichoke hearts. Heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Add heavy cream. Stir together. Add cream cheese and let melt slowly. You want it to be at a low heat to prevent curdling.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Season according to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese shavings.