You don’t have to be a dedicated vegetarian to love a good Eggplant Parmesan recipe. Saucy, cheesy, and yummy, it just hits the spot every single time. Made with thick pieces of eggplant, spaghetti sauce, and an assortment of cheeses, this particular recipe for Eggplant Parmesan will be no different! It’s so good that you’ll likely find yourself making it time and again! So, if you’re ready to get started, survey all the ingredients you’ll need and the directions to follow below.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup spaghetti sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried pasta, optional
- In a small bowl beat the egg and water together. Place the breadcrumbs in shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then in crumbs, being sure to coat thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add eggplant slices and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over eggplant during last minute of cooking to melt.
- While eggplant is cooking, combine spaghetti sauce and pepper flakes in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Cover with plastic wrap and cook at high power for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Top eggplant with sauce and Parmesan cheese and serve. Note: If you choose to add pasta, prepare according to the ingredients on the box and serve with your Eggplant Parmesan!
The Conley Apartments in Leander, Texas